About this site
The Viruses of Microbes 2020 abstract submission portal is designed and developed by Phage Directory in partnership with the Viruses of Microbes 2020 planning committee, including Dr. Joana Azeredo, Dr. Carlos Sao-Jose, and Luís Daniel Rodrigues de Melo of University of Minho.
In this section we describe our terms and conditions and how we handle your data and privacy.
How we use and store data
- When you submit an abstract, your contact information and abstract data is securely stored in our database. We use mongoDB Atlas for data storage.
- Your abstract and your contact information will be printed in the physical abstract book, and might be shared in a digital form of the abstract book (such as a PDF)
- If you opt-in to share information about your academic career stage and/or if you identify as part of a minority group, this data will only be seen by core Viruses of Microbes organizers and not by any reviewers or anyone outside the organization
- Your abstract will be shared with a small group of reviewers who will help us determine if your abstract will be selected for oral or a poster presentation at the conference
- Your abstract data and contact information will not be shared with or sold to any third parties
How we use and implement analytics
- We implement logging and analytics using Google Analytics and Segment.
- These analytics tools help us understand which pages and areas are difficult for users to navigate, so we can redesign the user experience accordingly
- We also implement anonymized logging that help us monitor the system when it crashes or experiences problems
Getting in touch with us
- If you have any questions about our policies, or think we need to add clarification to certain sections, please e-mail us at [email protected]
- If you need an abstract submission removed from consideration for VoM, please e-mail us at [email protected]